Dome-it is our popular jewellery epoxy resin. It has no solvents, is cruelty-free, vegan-friendly, and is safe for home use (when used as directed). Designed for making beautifully finished jewellery, this thick and UV stable doming resin can also be used for artwork, filling jewellery bezels and shallow silicone moulds.
THE 8 REASONS WHY RESIN8 DOME-IT EPOXY RESIN IS THE RIGHT RESIN FOR YOU:
🌱SAFE - safe to use at home & odour-free
💍PROFESSIONAL - the jewellers choice
💎CLEAR - optically transparent with excellent UV stability
⚖️ACCURATE - measured by weight for extreme accuracy
💧THICK - high viscosity, produces a convex domed layer
✨SHINY - high gloss, beautiful finish
💜KIND - cruelty-free, vegan-friendly
🛠️POLISHED - no need for cutting back
It is your responsibility to ensure you have read the health & safety information, measuring and mixing instructions below. For specific technical information about mix ratio, pot life etc, please expand the 'Specifications' box at the bottom of the listing.
It is CRITICAL that you follow the instructions accurately. Do NOT change the mixing ratio - this will alter the properties of the resin and cause it to remain tacky.
- Dome-it epoxy resin is thick and viscous but is best used at room temperature. There is no need to warm Part A before use.
- Use 2 parts resin to 1 part hardener by weight (2:1) to ensure a hard finish once set. We advise you measure in grams.
- Use separate, clean volumetric mixing cups for each part and a larger clean cup to pour both parts into for mixing.
- Stir Part A and Part B together thoroughly for at least 3 minutes - this is a long time... set a timer on your phone.
- Once mixed, dome-it epoxy resin remains at its most liquid for around 30-40 minutes, depending on the temperature of your workspace.
Epoxy resins tend to heat up when poured in large volumes (i.e. they produce an exothermic reaction) so we advise you to only mix the amount needed for use within the liquid timeframe of the product. We suggest you mix no less than 10g and no more than 200g at a time.
This resin can be used clear or coloured with our extensive range of colour pigments & powders. Please note that adding anything to epoxy resin will change its properties and may reduce its non-toxicity. If you are adding alcohol inks DO NOT use a flame to remove bubbles, as alcohol is flammable.
You can apply dome-it epoxy resin by pouring, using lollipop sticks, pipettes, brushes or even rollers. The room temperature should be between 18 to 25ºC and humidity level below 70% (i.e. do not use in a room with drying laundry, pots and pans boiling or kettles on the go).
Make sure your resin piece is level. Pop any bubbles by hand using a cocktail stick, or use a heat gun or naked flame for a couple of seconds to aid bubble release. Avoid dimpling by holding the blowtorch or heat gun at least 20cm away.
If cured at 23ºC this resin should be touch dry within 24 hours and fully cured after 7 days. We advise you to cure your resin pieces in a dust free environment, and keep in the dark for as long as possible. This resin is not suitable for making coasters, trivets or placemats - it will only withstand temperatures of around 45-50ºC.
It is not necessary, but if desired, you can post-cure this resin to maximise its properties. Allow the product to cure at room temperature for at least 24 hours, then heat to 40°C for 1 hour, followed by 60°C for 1 hour, followed by 80°C for 3 hours. To prevent any distortion during the post-cure cycle, the part should be placed on a thick, flat tile. When post-curing is complete, let the piece cool down slowly to room temperature, preferably in a craft oven. Sudden change in temperature can cause distortion or warping.
Health & Safety
dome-it epoxy resin is a chemical and it does come with health & safety implications.
- You MUST wear nitrile gloves (or use a specialist resin barrier cream on your hands)
- You MUST wear a respirator when sanding partially-cured resin
- Ensure you work with this resin in a well ventilated room
- We advise you to wear safety goggles
- Avoid skin contact
- We advise against eating, drinking or smoking while working
- In case of eye contamination wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately
We advise you read the Dome-it TDS & MSDS before you start working with this resin
More information on health & safety while working with epoxy resins can be read on our Health & Safety page.