This fill-it epoxy casting resin starter kit has all the essentials for your very first go with our crystal clear casting resin. In its Resin8 branded wrap, it makes a perfect gift and the contents of this great beginners bundle include:
- Resin8 fill-it epoxy resin 150ml kit - 100ml of resin and 50ml of hardener
- 1 pair nitrile gloves - essential for protecting your skin against chemicals
- 2 graduated mixing cups - essential for measuring out
- 1 x 60ml graduated cup - great for mixing the resin and hardener together
- 3 x mixing sticks - great for stirring and can be re-used over and over again
- Basic instructions on how to measure, mix and create with epoxy resin
Resin8 fill-it epoxy resin is our best-selling crystal clear resin for use in botanical jewellery, silicone moulds & river tables.
This vegan-friendly, non-toxic resin is designed for using in up to 50mm deep layers, making it ideal for using in silicone moulds, but it can also be used for river tables, paperweights, filling knots in wood, models and more! Self-levelling with low viscosity (it's thin!) and a glass clear finish, this resin is perfect for your next creative project.
Fill-it epoxy resin stays liquid for a long time (has a long pot-life), and is ideal for embedding flowers and other objects. It creates less heat (exotherm) than other epoxy resins, although for best results in deep castings we recommend using an electric fan to cool the resin as it cures.
It is your responsibility to ensure you have read the health & safety information, measuring and mixing instructions below. For specific technical information about mix ratio, pot life etc, please expand the 'Specifications' box at the bottom of the listing. We have an extensive list of FAQs and youtube videos which you should visit for help and advice if you need it.
Why choose fill-it epoxy resin?
Health & Safety
- WATER CLEAR - Totally clear resin, UV stabilised with excellent visual properties
- SAFE - Solvent free, non-flammable, vegan-friendly and non-toxic
- DEEP CAST - Mix and pour up to 12 litres in one go to a depth of 50mm
- LONG WORKING TIME - Low viscosity, un-accelerated for bubble removal
- BEAUTIFUL - the perfect resin for clear casting
Resin8 fill-it epoxy resin is a modern formulation of the safest epoxy chemicals available. However, all epoxy resins are chemicals and they do come with Health & Safety implications.
Here are the important downloads which we advise you to read before you start working with this resin:
More information on health & safety while working with epoxy resins can be read on our Health & Safety page.
- You MUST wear nitrile gloves (or use a specialist resin barrier cream on your hands)
- You MUST wear a respirator when sanding resin
- Ensure you work with this resin in a well ventilated room
- We advise you to wear safety goggles, especially when using large volumes
- Avoid skin contact
- We advise against eating, drinking or smoking while working
- In case of eye contamination wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately
It is CRITICAL that you follow the instructions accurately. Do NOT change the mixing ratio - this will alter the properties of the resin and cause it to remain tacky.
To help bubble release we suggest warming the resin bottle before use by popping it on a radiator or standing the bottle in some warm water for 10 minutes before use. You do not need to warm the hardener.
Use 2 parts resin to 1 part hardener by volume (2:1) to ensure a glossy, hard finish. We advise you to measure in millilitres.
We suggest that you pour the hardener into one clean volumetric cup and the resin into another clean volumetric cup. Use a separate clean cup to mix the 2 components together. The mixed components should be thoroughly stirred for 3 minutes to ensure an even consistency - this is a long time... set a timer on your phone. You will notice milkiness when stirring. This is normal and will disappear when the resin is thoroughly mixed. Please watch this real-time stirring video to see the transformation from milky to crystal clear:
Resin8 fill-it epoxy resin remains liquid for around 4 hours, depending on the temperature of your workspace.
This resin is specifically designed to be used as a deep casting resin, making it perfect for river tables, paperweights and chunky and/or clear jewellery. With a crystal clear finish and runny consistency, this resin is perfect for your next creative project.
Due to the lack of added chemicals to speed up the curing process, fill-it 2:1 epoxy resin creates less heat (exotherm) than resins used for coating and avoids shrinkage during the setting process.
If cured at a minimum of 18ºC this resin should be touch dry within 3-4 days and be cured after 72 hours (3 days). Full cure (i.e. the end of the chemical reaction) will be reached after 21 days. We advise you to leave your resin pieces to set in a dust free environment, and keep in the dark for as long as possible. This resin is not suitable for making items that will have hot things placed on them (e.g. coasters) as it cannot withstand temperatures higher than 45ºC.