Whatever time of year it is... Winter is Coming with our Ice Ice Baby: Metallic Resin Pigment Collection 🧊⛸️❄️.
We have hand-selected these sensational colours just for you! Ice Ice Baby contains five pigments: Metallic Resin Pigments Turquoise (30g), Silver (30g), Cobalt Blue (30g), Silver Blue (30g) and Blue (30g).
Whether completely new to resin craft, or a seasoned professional, this curated pigment bundle is just what you need to create breath-taking resin pieces. We recommend using these colours in our coaster moulds for stunning resin creations.
Polychromatic, shimmering and lustrous - our best-selling range of Metallic Resin Pigments will add stunning effects to your resin work. These pigments resemble polished metal with a visual shine and play a vital role in resin artwork by enhancing other colours. Contrasting against other tints and tones, these colours are lightfast and have an excellent tolerance to fading in prolonged sunlight. A little goes a LONG way, they are highly concentrated and must be pre-mixed with resin for use.
For optimum dispersion you will need to stir these pigments first. They are thick and creamy, which is what allows for the beautiful vibrant coverage. Our metallic pigments do not mix well with other pigments and this should be avoided. Use them with caution - they are extremely strong and can over-dominate other colours. Try a minimalist approach by adding a metallic accent or area of interest or go bold and add one metallic colour to a dirty pour using opaque pigments and mica powders.
With a well bonded chemical structure, our metallic pigments are more resistant to heat than other pigments which means you can happily manipulate these colours with a heat tool with minimal bubbling, blistering or separation.
Top tips for use:
- Stir first: these colours can separate from their binder. This is completely normal - it just needs a good mix up
- Use sparingly: the general rule of thumb is to use up to 10% by volume to your resin mix (1 part pigment to 10 parts resin mix). Any more than this and you will interfere with the resin ratio – resulting in your work curing with a tacky or flexible finish. We like to think about the amounts to use in terms of nuts & seeds... for 20mls resin you need a SESAME seed sized amount of pigment; for 40mls a PINE NUT, for 100mls a SUNFLOWER SEED; and for 250ml a CASHEW NUT sized amount of pigment.
- Add to resin: these pigments do not work like traditional paints (and can't be used to paint with on paper or canvas) - they must be pre-mixed with resin.
- Adding to JESMONITE: These pigments are not designed for use with JESMONITE and will appear much lighter in colour if added. As they can affect the cure of JESMONITE, we recommend using our range of specially-designed JESMONITE pigments instead.
Please note - we fill all of our tubs by hand, and weigh every single one. Some pigments are more dense than others, which means some tubs will appear to have less pigment in than others, but rest assured each and every one has been weighed accurately.
Health & Safety:
- Resin8 Metallic Pigments are not classed as toxic. However, they should not be ingested and they should be kept out of the reach of children
- These pigments have a strong odour - if you have a respiratory condition, or are using large amounts, wearing a respirator is advised
- We suggest wearing nitrile gloves, or using a barrier cream, while working with epoxy resin and we always advise against eating, drinking or smoking while working
- For more information on how to stay safe while working with resin please visit our Health & Safety page
- You can download a MSDS and TDS for our metallic pigments here