THE CUTEST WORKSHOP EVER!!! ^u^
Originating in Japan, Kawaii is the love of all things adorable and who could resist spending a day creating lovable key charms, pretty shakers and joyful 3D decorations?
Join us in the Cotswolds (the new Tokyo!) for our Kawaii Fun Day - an exciting, adventurous introduction into the world of Kawaii resin and learn how to create memorable, unique, colourful pieces. This is a wonderful opportunity for beginners looking to express their creativity through styling and creating unique charms. Add pretty treats, gems, and embellishments to make totally playful pieces.
You will work with our non-toxic, odourless BPA-free coat-it 1 to 1 epoxy art resin, learning how to measure, mix and pour so that you can continue your resin adventures at home. After a short demonstration from our resin expert, you will be hands-on with our resin and pigments, learning how to:
- Pour into different Kawaii-inspired Resin moulds to create adorable key charms, 3D decorations and shakers
- Embellish your creations with charms, sparkles, colour nuggets, glitter and more!
- Explore opaque, transparent and metallic pigments along with our natural mica powder
- Measure, mix and add colour to your resin
- Encourage pigment interactions
- Achieve a perfect finish, removing any bubbles that appear
- Learn how to work with shaker oil and acetate to complete your pieces
- Use tips, trade secrets and techniques
Our resin experts will show you how to cover the basics of working with resin and you will have the opportunity to use our brilliant selection of Resin8 pigments, sparkle and texture.
Your resin artwork will need to cure overnight and therefore will be posted to you after the workshop. Resin gives you wonderful creative freedom. Colour it, make it sparkle and shimmer, embed things in it... the only limit is your imagination!
What do you get for the price?
We will show you how to create your very own resin Kawaii masterpieces without using expensive or sophisticated equipment, and in this 6 hour workshop you will make at least 6 pieces of work. It is not possible to add the findings to your work on the day. However, a demonstration and an opportunity to explore and try the tools required to do this will be offered on the day.
Please ensure you have familiarised yourself with our full terms and conditions including cancellation policy before booking a place on any of our classes.
- All materials and use of equipment (resin, pigments, mixing tools, substrates, heat guns, etc)
- All protective equipment (nitrile gloves, resin barrier cream)
- A light ploughman's style lunch of cheese, bread, ham, etc (please let us know if you have any dietary requirements)
- Choice of cute moulds to work with on the day
- Free postage of finished pieces after the workshop to a UK address (we have to wait for the resin to set!)
- Access to our vast supply of pigments, glitters and sparkles to try out in your pieces
- An exclusive discount on our products
- Plenty of tea and coffee
- The only thing you need to bring is an apron. Feel free to dress like your favourite idol or aidoru, just remember that resin can get messy!