Resin8 Emerald Lagoon Mica Powder is a pearlescent powder pigment that is simply beautiful. Intense and reminiscent of deeply wooded forests. Choose from 6 hand-filled sizes and if you'd like even more just contact us!
Resin8 mica powders are cosmetic grade natural mineral pigments that have a fantastic shimmer and metallic-like appearance. Completely non-toxic, vegan-friendly and cruelty-free, our mica powder has millions of light-reflecting particles which create beautiful shiny effects in all sorts of arts, crafts and cosmetics. From delicate pastels to bold and vibrant shades, our mineral powder pigments come in a rainbow of colours and are ethically-sourced.
Resin8 Mica Powders are:
- 100% ethically sourced - we do not buy from mines who exploit children as workers
- 100% pure colour - none of our mica powder contains "fillers"
- 100% vegan friendly - you won't find any crushed beetles in our mica!
- 100% cosmetic grade - raw material, safe to use in cosmetics (eyes, lips, skin)
- 100% cruelty-free - our mica has never and will never be tested on animals
- 100% natural - made from muscovite flakes coated with ultramarines, iron oxides and natural dyes
Made from natural minerals, our mica powder has a small micron size (giving great cover and dispersion, and the all-important shimmer) and you only need a small amount to create lustrous effects. Hugely versatile, you can use our mica powder in resin, art, nail polish, card-making, body butter/wax, oil, face products, calligraphy, car paint and, of course, cosmetics such as eyeshadow, lip products and blusher. Decorate the surface of candles, polymer clay and even soap with it. Mix micas together to create new shades and use in card-making and scrap-booking. Ink stamps before stamping onto cardstock, add to polymer clay before it's fired, sprinkle a little in your body butter for a golden glow, add to a homemade binder and make wall paint for your kitchen!
Top tips for use:
Cosmetic Ingredients (Emerald Lagoon):
- Intermix: you can create any colour under the sun with our mica powders - experiment by mixing two or more colours in a small pot prior to use
- Quantity in resin: you can pretty much use as much as you like as mica powder is inert, so doesn't affect the chemicals that cause resin and hardener to cure. However, we suggest around a pinenut sized amount for 20mls of resin, a cashew nut for 120mls and an almond for 200mls of resin. Use 10% as the general rule of thumb.
- Soap & Bath: our mica powder is perfect for CP & M&P soap makers, but isn't soluble in water so for bath bombs you will need to add Polysorbate 80. We are working on a new range of mica for bath bomb makers which will be available soon!
- Dust into moulds: use a soft-bristled craft brush to dust mica powder inside silicone moulds before making resin castings or candles. This will give you a more controlled shimmer effect.
- Mica (CI: 77019, CAS: 12001-26-2)
- Titanium Dioxide (CI: 77891, CAS: 13463-67-7)
- Chromium (III) Oxide (CI: 77288, CAS: 1308-38-9) *This product is not safe for use on lips
You can download a full MSDS and TDS for every colour here
. Cosmetic "Certificates of Analysis" (COA) are available on request, however these are produced per batch of mica powder so we will need to know the date that you ordered.