An AMAZING two-tone iridescent powder pigment that displays a gorgeous golden shimmer when used in resin. Try our Interference Gold mica on dark backgrounds, as subtle highlights to resin artwork and in resin castings for extra glamour! This loose interference powder looks white when viewed straight on, and the colour changes when viewed from different angles. Notoriously difficult to photograph!
Choose from 3 hand-filled sizes (and if you'd like even more just contact us!) :
- Mini - between 3.5 and 6g in a tub
- Midi - approx 50g in a tub
- Mighty - approx 100g in a tub
Resin8 Interference Mica Powder
is a high purity, cosmetic grade, pearlescent powder to add gorgeous shimmering hues to resin. When used on dark backgrounds these colours reveal the most amazing iridescence. Interference pigments are made by depositing various layers of either titanium dioxide or iron oxide onto mica particles. When light hits the surface of these particles, it is then reflected and refracted by the various layers which results in multi colours. By increasing either the thickness of the titanium dioxide or the iron oxide a broad colour spectrum range can be produced. These extraordinary colours will change when viewed at various angles.
Interference Pigments should not be mixed together but used individually. Due to their complex colour changes produced through light reflection and refraction, mixing them together will only produce white. In contrast when added to absorption pigments, which are colours that are normally darker and absorb light rather than reflect, the ever changing colours of Interference will be enhanced greatly. Amazing effects can also be created in nail varnishes and liquid bases.
Resin8 mica powders are cosmetic grade natural mineral pigments that have a fantastic shimmer and metallic-like appearance. Completely non-toxic, vegan-friendly and cruelty-free, our mica powder has millions of light-reflecting particles which create beautiful shiny effects in all sorts of arts, crafts and cosmetics. From delicate pastels to bold and vibrant shades, our mineral powder pigments come in a rainbow of colours and are ethically-sourced.
Resin8 Mica Powders are:
- 100% ethically sourced - we do not buy from mines who exploit children as workers
- 100% pure colour - none of our mica powder contains "fillers"
- 100% vegan friendly - you won't find any crushed beetles in our mica!
- 100% cosmetic grade - raw material, safe to use in cosmetics (eyes, lips, skin)
- 100% cruelty-free - our mica has never and will never be tested on animals
- 100% natural - made from muscovite flakes coated with ultramarines, iron oxides and natural dyes
Made from natural minerals, our mica powder has a small micron size (giving great cover and dispersion, and the all-important shimmer) and you only need a small amount to create lustrous effects. Hugely versatile, you can use our mica powder in resin, art, nail polish, card-making, body butter/wax, oil, face products, calligraphy, car paint and, of course, cosmetics such as eyeshadow, lip products and blusher. Decorate the surface of candles, polymer clay and even soap with it. Mix micas together to create new shades and use in card-making and scrap-booking. Ink stamps before stamping onto cardstock, add to polymer clay before it's fired, sprinkle a little in your body butter for a golden glow, add to a homemade binder and make wall paint for your kitchen!
Top tips for use:
Cosmetic Ingredients (Interference Gold):
- Intermix: you can create any colour under the sun with our mica powders - experiment by mixing two or more colours in a small pot prior to use
- Quantity in resin: you can pretty much use as much as you like as mica powder is inert, so doesn't affect the chemicals that cause resin and hardener to cure. However, we suggest around a pinenut sized amount for 20mls of resin, a cashew nut for 120mls and an almond for 200mls of resin. Use 10% as the general rule of thumb.
- Soap & Bath: our mica powder is perfect for CP & M&P soap makers, but isn't soluble in water so for bath bombs you will need to add Polysorbate 80. We are working on a new range of mica for bath bomb makers which will be available soon!
- Dust into moulds: use a soft-bristled craft brush to dust mica powder inside silicone moulds before making resin castings or candles. This will give you a more controlled shimmer effect.
- Mica (CI: 77019, CAS: 12001-26-2)
- Titanium Dioxide (CI: 77891, CAS: 13463-67-7)
- Tin Oxide (CI: 77861, CAS: 18282-10-5)
You can download a full MSDS and TDS for every colour here
. Cosmetic "Certificates of Analysis" (COA) are available on request, however these are produced per batch of mica powder so we will need to know the date that you ordered.