Resin8 New Denim Mica Powder is a pearlescent powder pigment that is rich blue with a berry undertone - just like dark wash! It can be used in all of our resins to provide shimmering effects and is also cosmetic grade and perfect for use in make-up, soaps and other crafts. Please note this particular mica powder contains an ingredient that is not lip safe.
Choose from 8 hand-filled sizes (and if you'd like even more just contact us!)
Extract mica from the container using a cocktail stick or mixing stick and add to the resin mix. For more guidance on how to use mica powder in resin, check out our video below.
- Mini - between 3.5 and 6g in a tub
- Midi - approx 50g in a tub
- Mighty - approx 100g in a tub
- Mega- approx 200g in a tub
- Massive - approx 500g in a bag
- Mahoosive - approx 1kg in a bag
- Maxi- approx 2kg in a bag
- Mammoth - approx 5kg in a bag
Resin8 Mica Powders are:
Made from natural minerals, our mica powder has a small micron size (giving great cover and dispersion, and the all-important shimmer) and you only need a small amount to create lustrous effects in resin. Hugely versatile, you can use our mica powder in resin, art, nail polish, card-making, body butter/wax, oil, face products, calligraphy, car paint and, of course, as an ingredient in cosmetics such as eyeshadow, lip products and blusher. Decorate the surface of candles, polymer clay and even soap with it. Mix it with opaque colours to add shimmer and try mixing micas together to create new shades.
- 100% ethically sourced - we do not buy from mines who exploit children as workers
- 100% pure colour - none of our mica powder contains "fillers"
- 100% vegan friendly - you won't find any crushed beetles in our mica!
- 100% cosmetic grade - raw material, safe to use in cosmetics (eyes, lips, skin)
- 100% cruelty-free - our mica has never and will never be tested on animals
- 100% natural - made from muscovite flakes coated with ultramarines, iron oxides and natural dyes
Cosmetic Ingredients (New Denim):
- Mica (CI: 77019, CAS: 12001-26-2)
- Titanium Dioxide (CI: 77891, CAS: 13463-67-7)
- Iron Oxide (CI: 77499, CAS: 1317-61-9)
- Manganese Violet (CI: 77742, CAS: CAS: 10101-66-3)
- Ultramarine Blue (CI: 77007, CAS: 57455-37-5)
- Tin Oxide (CI: 77861, CAS: 18282-10-5)
You can download a full MSDS and TDS for every colour here
. Cosmetic "Certificates of Analysis" (COA) are available on request, however these are produced per batch of mica powder so we will need to know the date that you ordered.