Available in a variety of sizes, our Oval Pendant Bezels have pretty, textured bases which look amazing with transparent resin, and also help to act as a key for the resin to stick to. Fill these jewellery bezels with glitter, mica powder, special effect paints and mixed media items, or seal a photo and make a keepsake pendant for a loved one.
- MEDIUM: Our silver-plated Medium Oval Pendant Bezel has the perfect setting for filling with resin. It has an integrated bail and a lightly textured background which helps the resin stick! Inside Dimensions: 23x30mm, depth: 3mm
- LARGE: Our best-selling Large Oval Pendant Bezel is 3mm deep and measures 30x40mm with a 4x6mm bail - a good size for embedding flowers, sequins and more in your resin. With an integral bail, just slide a chain through and you're ready to go! Inside Dimensions: 30x40mm, depth: 3mm
- LONG: Our silver-plated Long Oval Pendant Bezel has the perfect setting for filling with resin. It has an integrated bail and a lightly textured background which helps the resin stick!Inside Dimensions: 18x47mm oval, depth: 3.5mm
BUY MORE & SAVE - price breaks at 10, 25 and 50!
We suggest using our dome-it resin for all stages of making resin jewellery in bezels. It works really well as an all-purpose resin and base layer. Make your jewellery look professional by using the resin clear on top (once the base layer has set) to create a high dome. The resin has a strong surface tension and it grips the sides of the bezel. Providing you pour slowly, and don't overpour, the resin will remain in a high arc on top of the jewellery mount. If you prefer coat-it, this can also be used for jewellery making - just make sure you warm Part A first!
Resin8's plated jewellery & findings are made from base metal (examples of which can include copper, zinc, nickel, and aluminium). Base metal jewellery and findings will tarnish a lot more quickly than precious metal jewellery (such as sterling silver). Here are our handy points to keep your jewellery and findings looking tiptop:
- Keep findings and jewellery of the same metals/plating in the same container and store in airtight containers with some anti-tarnish paper. Both sterling silver and plated jewellery will tarnish in contact with air.
- Remove jewellery when your skin is going to come into contact with liquids and chemicals (e.g. shampoo, alcohol gel, perfume, washing up liquid, bleach, etc).
- Try not to wear your jewellery when carrying out basic jobs around the house (gardening, bathing) and deffo don't wear jewellery to the gym, pool or beach! Oils in our skin (and sweat!) will degrade the plating on the outer layer of base metal jewellery.
- The less you wear your jewellery, the slower the plating will fade.
- Avoid polishing or cleaning your jewellery excessively. This can cause unwanted wear and tear that could corrode the plating faster than normal.
Top tip: Pop a piece of masking tape on the surface next to your bezel... when you're filling the mount add a blob of resin to the tape - that way you can poke it with a cocktail stick (or your finger) to check if the resin is set, rather than ruining your hard work and putting a fingerprint on your masterpiece!