Known as a "chameleon" material, Resin8's Jesmonite Sculpt & Cast Premium is the best of the best. With all the non-toxic, easy-to-use features of regular Jesmonite, Premium has the additional advantages of being weather-proof and having advanced detail retention - perfect for use in more intricate moulds where every mark counts, and for making lightweight jewellery.
Otherwise known as Jesmonite AC100, this exciting eco-resin can be dyed, cast, polished and combined with other materials to create tactile and beautiful jewellery and sculpture. Whether you're looking to make contemporary earrings or geometric candle holders, this mineral resin has it all - it's non-toxic, easy to use, heat resistant and seriously cool.
Simply combine the powder base with the liquid and pour into your mould. Mineral based, non-toxic, VOC free and just so lovely to work with, it's even suitable for use by children from the age of 12.
- 1kg BASE and 400g LIQUID - in recyclable containers
- Mix Ratio: 2.5 parts BASE : 1 part LIQUID (e.g. 10g powder = 4g liquid | 100g powder = 40g liquid)
- Mix thoroughly for 2 minutes
- Pot life: 20 minutes (can be doubled using slow-it retarder)
- Can be thickened using thicken-it (thixotrope for Jesmonite)
- When mixing, measure your Jesmonite liquid first and sprinkle on the base powder whilst stirring constantly. This will reduce air bubbles in your piece and prevent a mottled effect forming.
- To reduce large bubbles spoiling the surface of your creation, use a clean paintbrush to cover the inside of your mould with mixed Jesmonite. Once dry, fill the rest of the mould.
- Jesmonite Sculpt & Cast has its own range of colour pigments although you can also use acrylic inks to give a range of dense opaque colours - remember though that as Jesmonite is off-white, any colour mixed in will lighten (therefore meaning you will need more colour!).
- Please note that adding opaque, transparent, metallic or neon resin pigments which have not been specifically designed for Jesmonite will make the pigments appear much lighter in colour when used when Jesmonite and could affect the cure of the piece.
- AC100 is suitable for external use when used with a suitable sealer.
Download the TDS & MSDS for Jesmonite AC100 here.