Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin is a non-toxic, all purpose 2 part resin for jewellery and craft. With a super easy 1 to 1 ratio by volume, this certified non-toxic resin can even be sent in the post! Primarily for doming and embedding, our brand new Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin contains no solvents or VOCs.
Download instructions for working with 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin here.
RESIN8 Slowcure Epoxy Resin is a crystal clear epoxy casting resin for use in jewellery, sculpture and art. This casting resin is primarily for use in moulds and cold enamelling. It can be coloured with opaque and transparent pigments, and have many things added including mica powder, glitter and alcohol ink.
Download instructions for working with Slowcure Epoxy Resin here.
RESIN8 Doming Epoxy Resin an easy to use, super glossy and thick resin for doming resin jewellery. This two part epoxy resin creates a really high dome and also works well in shallow castings.
Download instructions for working with Doming Epoxy Resin here.
SCULPT & CAST is a non-toxic, water-based resin system that is made up of 2 parts – a mineral resin powder and an acrylic liquid. It is not the same as traditional epoxy resin because it is an opaque material that does not have a shiny surface unless it is polished, varnished or waxed. However, it is very user friendly because of its non-toxicity - it is solvent free and contains no VOCs. The same as Jesmonite, Resin8 Sculpt & Cast creates surface textures beautifully when cast into moulds and jewellery mounts. It can be fragile but is reinforceable with special fibres. Pigments can be added to it to give a range of dense opaque colours and it can be used for internal sculptures and in some jewellery applications.
Download instructions here.
totalCAST Clear Artwork Resin is a revolutionary hybrid polymer that produces an optically clear, high gloss finish. This brand new formulation represents cutting edge polymeric technology and was developed to offer unrivalled user-friendliness and a crystal clear result every time.
A selection of top tips from us to help you when using our resins:
- Our resins don't stick to thick plastic sheet such as poly bags/li>
- Use a barrier (skin protection) cream or nitrile gloves when using our resins
- Use cheap hairspray to seal photos and paper and leave to dry thoroughly before embedding in resin. Use PVA glue or Mod Podge on text from books and seal both sides of the paper. Leave to dry thoroughly
- You can polish enamelled items with T-cut. Put some on a cotton cloth and rub the enamelled surface in a circular motion
- Do any soldering before adding resin - it can't withstand torch heat
- Put a drop of resin onto a piece of masking tape next to your finished item so you can test it to see if it is cured - it saves touching your item and leaving a mark!