This resin starter kit+colour contains the basic materials required for your very first go with colouring 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin.
- Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin 200ml kit - 100ml of resin and 100ml of hardener
- Resin8 Transparent Pigments - 20g in DARK BLUE, RED and YELLOW - these glorious colours can be inter-mixed to make almost any colour imaginable. They give beautiful stained glass effects when added to clear resin.
- 1 pair nitrile gloves - essential for protecting you skin against chemicals
- 3 graduated mixing cups - essential for measuring out
- 3 plain mixing cups - great for mixing the coloured resin and hardener together
- 10 mixing sticks - essential for stirring resin and hardener and can be re-used over and over again.
Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Artwork Resin
is easy to use, easy to measure out, quick to set and clear as day! If you're looking for a clear epoxy resin for art look no further. It is one of the fastest curing artwork epoxy resins on the market and as a coating resin will be touch dry within 4-5 hours.
1 to 1 Epoxy Resin is our most popular resin as it can also be used for making jewellery! It's non-toxic (when used as directed) and can be coloured with pigments
, mica powder
and alcohol ink. 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin is also suitable for use as a food-safe coating but NOT as a food preparation/cutting surface. Use it in knife and chopping board handles, or under acrylic as a coaster. Use 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin in geode and petri art, jewellery castings, for coating artwork, pendant bezels and more!
Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin - "the best resin you will ever use"
General Information about Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin
This resin is specifically designed for coating and artwork, although works amazingly well for geodes, jewellery, cold-enamelling and embedding. Colour this resin with any of the non water based pigments available from Resin8 and try embedding objects or adding mica powder & glitter to make keepsake items. Please be aware that adding anything to epoxy resin will change its properties and may reduce its non-toxicity. If you are adding alcohol inks DO NOT use a flame to remove bubbles, as alcohol is flammable. As this resin has a low heat distortion temperature (50ºC) it is unsuitable for making items that will have hot things placed on them (e.g. coasters).
Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin has been certified by the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) as non-toxic when used as directed and conforms to ASTM D-4236. It contains no VOCs, no solvents and doesn't give off fumes when used at room temperature. It is non-flammable and has a very mild odour and therefore safe for home use.
Why choose Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin
Health & Safety
- NON-TOXIC - safe to use as directed at home, contains no solvents or VOCs
- EASY - 1:1 mix ratio by volume
- CLEAR - optically transparent with minimal yellowing
- THICK - self-levelling with high build
- SHINY - high gloss, beautiful finish
Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin is a modern formulation of the safest epoxy chemicals available. However, all epoxy resins are chemicals and they do come with Health & Safety implications.
Here are the important downloads which we advise you to read before you start working with this resin:
More information on health & safety while working with epoxy resins can be read on our Health & Safety page.
- You MUST wear nitrile gloves (or use a specialist resin barrier cream on your hands)
- You MUST wear a respirator when sanding partially-cured resin
- Ensure you work with this resin in a well ventilated room
- We advise you to wear safety goggles
- Avoid skin contact
- We advise against eating, drinking or smoking while working
- In case of eye contamination wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately
It is CRITICAL that you follow the instructions accurately. Do NOT change the mixing ratio - this will alter the properties of the resin and cause it to remain tacky.
This resin is fairly viscous - to loosen it and make it easier for pouring, warm the resin bottle before use by popping it on a radiator or standing the bottle in some warm water for 5 minutes. Use 1 part resin to 1 part hardener by volume (1:1) to ensure a hard finish once set. Use separate, clean volumetric mixing cups for each part. We advise you to pour the hardener first and then the resin into one clean, larger cup. The mixed components should be thoroughly stirred for 2 minutes to ensure an even consistency - this is a long time... set a timer on your phone.
Resin8 1 to 1 Epoxy Resin has a pot life of around 15 minutes, depending on the temperature of your workspace. Epoxy resins tend to heat up when poured in large volumes so we advise you to only mix the amount needed for use within the pot life of the product. We advise you to mix no more than 5 litres at a time. If you prefer to weigh your resin, use accurate digital scales (not the old fashioned kitchen kind) and use the ratio of 100g resin to 90g hardener pro-rata.
This resin is designed to be used as a clear coating but it can also be coloured with our any non-water based pigments and powders on our site - opaque, transparent, metallic, etc. Apply by brush, roller or pouring. Temperature should be between 18 to 25ºC and humidity level below 70% (i.e. do not use in a room with drying laundry). A 1:1 mix will provide a hard, glossy finish. Make sure your resin piece is level. Pop any bubbles by hand using a cocktail stick, or use a heat gun or naked flame for a couple of seconds to aid bubble release. Avoid dimpling by holding the blowtorch or heat gun at least 30cm away. Use silicone dispersion media such as resi-BLAST to create lacing and cellular effects.
If cured at 23ºC and used for jewellery, this resin should be touch dry within 4-5 hours and be cured after 12-18 hours. We advise you to cure your resin pieces in a dust free environment, and keep in the dark for as long as possible.