Our silver-plated Textured Pendant/Earring Bezels are perfect as necklaces and pendants for someone special! They have textured base which helps the resin to stick, and can be filled with glitter, mica powder, special effect paints and mixed media items, or seal a teeny tiny photo and make a keepsake gift for a loved one.
We suggest using our dome-it resin for all stages of making resin jewellery in bezels. It works really well as an all-purpose resin and base layer. Make your jewellery look professional by using the resin clear on top (once the base layer has set) to create a high dome. The resin has a strong surface tension and it grips the sides of the bezel. Providing you pour slowly, and don't overpour, the resin will remain in a high arc on top of the jewellery mount.
- Inside Dimensions: Heart 18mm, Oval 10x14mm, Oval 13x18mm, Square 12mm, Square 16mm, Round 20mm
- Depth: shallow 2.5mm
Resin8's plated jewellery & findings are made from base metal (examples of which can include copper, zinc, nickel, and aluminium). Base metal jewellery and findings will tarnish a lot more quickly than precious metal jewellery (such as sterling silver). Here are our handy points to keep your jewellery and findings looking tiptop:
- Keep findings and jewellery of the same metals/plating in the same container and store in airtight containers with some anti-tarnish paper. Both sterling silver and plated jewellery will tarnish in contact with air.
- Remove jewellery when your skin is going to come into contact with liquids and chemicals (e.g. shampoo, alcohol gel, perfume, washing up liquid, bleach, etc).
- Try not to wear your jewellery when carrying out basic jobs around the house (gardening, bathing) and deffo don't wear jewellery to the gym, pool or beach! Oils in our skin (and sweat!) will degrade the plating on the outer layer of base metal jewellery.
- The less you wear your jewellery, the slower the plating will fade.
- Avoid polishing or cleaning your jewellery excessively. This can cause unwanted wear and tear that could corrode the plating faster than normal.
Top tip: Pop a piece of masking tape on the surface next to your bezel... when you're filling the mount add a blob of resin to the tape - that way you can poke it with a cocktail stick (or your finger) to check if the resin is set, rather than ruining your hard work and putting a fingerprint on your masterpiece!