totalCAST Clear Art Resin is a revolutionary hybrid polymer that produces an optically clear, high gloss finish. It has been ASTM certified
as non-hazardous and non-toxic. It utilises hybrid technology to provide excellent non yellowing properties.
This epoxy resin system is used to coat and seal artwork on canvas, wood, MDF, glass, perspex, concrete, metals etc. The product can be applied by pouring, brush or roller. The excellent clarity & optical transparency makes the resin ideally suited for the protection and decoration of paintings, sculptures and collages, photos and prints, wood and timber artefacts (clocks and puzzles etc), pendants, bangles and other jewellery items, flower-setting and paperweights. This formulation represents cutting edge polymeric technology and was developed to offer unrivalled user friendliness and a crystal clear result every time.
Why choose totalCAST resin:
- 1:1 mixing ratio by volume or weight
- Non toxic and VOC free
- Odour free and solvent free
- Built in air release agents and moisture scavengers
- BPA (Bisphenol) free
- UV Stable, no need for HALS or UV blockers
Please note this resin has a heat distortion temperature of 45-50°C which makes it unsuitable for the placement of very hot objects on its surface such as cups, mugs, plates etc. We recommend Resin8 Heat-Resistant Epoxy Resin for excellent temperature resistance.
The mixing ratio must be accurately followed to achieve perfect results. It is not possible to change the ratio which would result in the resin not drying properly and lower mechanical properties.
The mixed components should be thoroughly stirred for 3-4 minutes to ensure an even consistency. Epoxy systems tend to heat up in a pot than as a thin film, only mix the amount needed for use within the pot life of the product.
The product can be applied by pouring from the mixing vessel, by brush or roller. The mixed resin can be tinted with all of the pigments on our site (with the exception of our sculpt & cast pigment) to make your artwork pop. resi-BLAST will add stunning cells and effects.
Health & Safety
totalCAST Resin is a modern formulation of the safest epoxy chemicals available. However, all epoxy resins are chemicals and they do come with Health & Safety implications.
Download the TDS here. Full MSDS available on request. More information on health & safety while working with epoxy resins can be read on our Health & Safety page.
- You MUST wear nitrile gloves (or use a specialist resin barrier cream on your hands)
- You MUST wear a respirator when sanding partially cured resin
- Ensure you work with this resin in a well ventilated room
- We advise you to wear safety goggles
- Avoid skin contact
- We advise against eating, drinking or smoking while working
- In case of eye contamination wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately